Thursday, February 26, 2004

On going dialogue with Councillor Chirco

From: rosiemac@mac.com
Subject: Re: YPT concerns
Date: February 26, 2004 10:56:42 AM PST
To: Tim.McCullough@sanjoseca.gov, judy.chirco@ci.sj.ca.us

Dear Mrs Chirco and Mr McCullough

I found out today that Cassie's position at The Young Peoples' Theater Group was officially cut a long time ago. This took place before this coming round of cuts. I am surprised your office has not been informed. The YPT parent group was misled if not deceived and there are many concerns in the community now.

I have many concerns not just to do with the YPT. The money that was wasted on the new City Wide Guide and management staff and the resulting lost revenues raise much larger issues to me. In addition, the management positions created by Ms. S Hensley remain intact.

As a tax payer, I am much more interested in the protecting the jobs of the people who are in the front line delivering first class programs and working with my children or the seniors for instance, than created management positions at $125,000 per annum.

Anyway, just to let you know, it is my intention to meet with Donna Lovell at the San Jose Mercury news along with the YPT parents' support group to discuss the issues. I would also like to arrange to meet you both to discuss the matter personally. Please let me know when would be a convenient time.

What is happening is just plain wrong and undermines everything I and many others value.

For your information, Sarah Hensley never met with the YPT at all. Clearly, all the people who did meet were deceived at that meeting, by the City representatives.

I am going to have to re-activate the petition and start collecting more signatures and plan a publicity campaign to inform the public. I will use the previously created Kirk Park website to post information about the YPT and get a dialogue going with the community.

The City employees who have responsibility for allocating funds with our tax dollars are seemingly accountable to no-one except themselves. I hope they are accountable to City Hall and the Council members.

Please let me know, at your convenience, if you will be able to attend any of the performances of "The Jungle Book". It would be encouraging to know the program has your support in view of the current situation.

yours sincerely,
Rosie Marks


On Feb 23, 2004, at 4:38 PM, McCullough, Tim wrote:

Councilmember Chirco is well aware of the great program at Kirk. The parks
department is also very interested in the program.

We do not know of a plan to cut the YPT.

I hope this helps,

Tim McCullough
Council Aide

Councilmember Judy Chirco
801 N. First Street, San Jose, CA 95110


(408) 277-2209

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home